Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I have tried to unsubscribe The Word of the Day from Merriam-Webster Online, but the system seems to ignore my request and its e-mail keeps arriving in my mailbox everyday. There was previously a long hiatus though, because the e-mail was marked as spam and got filtered out by the mail server I use. Recently, out of the blue, the mail server stops marking it as spam. I have to admit that the long hiatus did undermine my passion for The Word of the Day. I have discovered other ways to learn new words in an equally interesting way. But on November 7 there is a good word accompanied with an attractive example sentence. It sparks my curiosity somehow and leads me to the original article on The Washington Post, then to the author's blog also. Blog is truly omnipresent, isn't it?

No comments: