Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eden LakeLittle did I know that watching three films in one day could be so challenging, both physically and psychologically. Watching James Watkins's directorial debut, Eden Lake, as my last film of the day, did not make things any easier.

I was aware that the film was categorized in the horror genre, but to what extent it could infect the audience was beyond my imagination.

The time had well passed midnight when the end credit started to roll. An unknown urgency prompted me to leave my seat and walk out of the theater. It was too late to catch a MRT train, so the urgency could not have come from there. I reflected further on the taxi driving me home: the urgency must come from the unsparing ending of the film.

I literally ran away from the film. That's the extent of the horror caused by the film.

See also:

No comments: