Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dated back to 1847, A View of The Lin Family Mansion and Gardenthe Lin Family Mansion and Garden at Banqiao is the most complete private garden that is still left in Taiwan. Although I was born and grew up at Banqiao, I have managed to keep myself away from this tourist spot until today. Over the span of more than 160 years, this exquisite Chinese garden has witnessed the ups and downs of the neighborhood. Evania, whose name just got printed on the back of my national I.D., accompanied me for a little tour, making us the two newly addition to the countless visitors the garden had ever embraced.
We were like two children who could not contain our excitement. There were marital status changes between us that we were desperate to reveal to someone, anyone. The one who first learned our news was a volunteer who worked at the garden. She was introducing us an event promoting a family of museums at Taipei Country. We bought two postcards and one book that we could collect various stamps when visiting those museums. That was when we told her that we just got married.

No comments: