Sunday, February 20, 2005

I bought this bonsai of cactus about three or four years ago. There were only two large stems in the pot (the bigger ones in the photo) by then, but now many small stems have filled up the pot and make it kind of crowded. It's hard to believe that the plant was actually very close to it's death.
A colleague of mine bought another bonsai with me. We heard that the plant is capable of absorbing the radiation of a monitor screen, and even it's not, we should have a nice decoration on our desktop. Unfortunately, my colleague's bonsai soon died and mine didn't look any better, so I decided to take it home and it became part of my father's collection. It's possible that the bonsai died because of a lack of proper care or the environment was simply not suitable for a bonsai to live, but I am still stunned to see that it can grow into this abundance when those factors were removed.

a bonsai of cactus
My reborn bonsai

No comments: