Monday, February 07, 2005

Miramar is a new shopping mall in Neihu, near the Technology Park, where lot of company headquarters are located including the one I work. It was opened in the end of last year and I had not been there until this Chinese New Year holiday. The Ferris Wheel of the mall is a new and famous attraction, without which I think not many people would spend twenty to thirty minutes more in just going there shopping because the MRT to Neihu is still under construction and the only public transportation for people without a car, like me, is taking a bus. But I did not go there to ride the Ferris Wheel, at least it's not the primary reason. It's the Warner Village for me to see some movies, Meet the Fockers and Howl's Moving Castle. The new theater has excellent facilities and without crowded audience I think it's even better.
I did ride the Ferris Wheel, after all, it's an attraction for people to go at least once in the life time. It's kind of complicated to describe my experience of the ride, which including a fifty-minute waiting in the line while rain falling from the sky and me without an umbrella. Luckily, the rain didn't persist long and I was kindly offered a handkerchief to dry my wet hair so I won't catch a cold. The view from the wheel was amazing although my attention was not constantly on the outside of the window. My companion shared not only the view with me but also the fear of height. I had to admit that I felt relieved in the end, but paradoxically, I think it's the same feeling that will make the whole experience unforgettable.


Miramar Ferris Wheel Day ViewMiramar Ferris Wheel Night View
Miramar Ferris Wheel day and night view.

Looking down from the Miramar Ferris Wheel
Looking down from the Miramar Ferris Wheel.

No comments: