Sunday, July 31, 2005

I have long been fascinated by many historical figures in the Three Kingdoms period, though I am not actually a fan of history. It is a video game I used to play in junior high school that brought me to read Romance of the Three Kingdoms and since then I was charmed by characters like Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, Guan Yu, etc. Among them, my favorite one is Zhao Yun, who usually has balanced intelligent and martial powers in the video game. However, I have never imagined that an author could use those characters to write a business management related book.
The author of "Boiling the Three Kingdoms" (my tentative translation of the title, 水煮三國) has actually done so with such an ease that the topics of the book fit into the historical context seamlessly. A colleague, who recommended this book to me, praised it's short stories as enjoyable to read, especially when comparing to other kinds of books in the same category. After reading the first chapter, I can not agree with my colleague more.

No comments: