Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Starting from late last year, I have been involving in an unusual activity - to prepare two e-learning courses for Far Eastone Education Center. It is not a ordinary task that I would anticipate to be participating, but the motivation behind it is persuasive enough for me. The topics of the courses are SMS and USSD service development, which are exactly what I have been doing as a profession in the past four years. Each of the courses has a chapter documenting actual services that have been introduced by the company. Looking back to what had been done, the amount of those services and the time being spent are still amazed me.
However, preparing an e-learning course is very different from developing a service. After all, I am more a developer then an instructor. Thankfully, colleagues from the education center have given a lot of advises about how to make a training material more useful for a trainee. The education center also hired a vendor to transform the raw, ugly material into interactive, artistic one. In fact, I just had a meeting yesterday to review the final version of the material. Both the colleagues from the education center and the consultants from the vender worked through the review in a punctilious way. As always, it's a pleasure for me to work with professionals.

No comments: