Sunday, November 20, 2005


101 close-up, taken on a bridge connecting Warner Village Cinemas and New York New York Shopping Center.
All the showing times of the five films I had chosen from the 2005 Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival were in the weekdays and started from as early as 20:30 to as late as 22:10, but fortunately I was always able to catch the last train in MRT Taipei City Hall Station before midnight. The almost identical patterns of my seeing those films consisted of taking a thirty-minutes bus from Neihu to Taipei City Hall Station and then having dinner before getting into the theater. Although I was not particularly in a hurry, there was always a sense of urgency, which probably stemmed from the rush hour traffic and the necessity of going back to work in the next day. However, such sense of urgency was totally gone once the images started to flicker on the big white screen; I was transported into a discontinued world during the film's running time. Isn't it the magic of films? Which is why I love seeing them?

No comments: