Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Starting from 1PM this afternoon, the Nangang-Banqiao line of MRT is extended to Tucheng by the opening of six new stations: MRT Banqiao Station, located beside HSR and TRA Banqiao Station; Fuzhong Station, located beside the old TRA Banqiao Station, the downtown area of Banqiao City; Far Eastern Hospital Station, the third station named after a nearby hospital, following Wanfang Hospital Station and NTU Hospital Station; Haishan Station and Tucheng Station, which I passed by tonight; and finally the new terminal station, Yongning Station, which I stopped by to take a photo with my cell phone.

It's a great day for inaugurating the six new stations, because it's Dragon Boat Festival, a national holiday, which also helped to extend the last day for filing and paying income tax to June 1st.
Yongning MRT Station

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great day indeed! Means differently for different people. Happy belated birthday, my friend.

Allen Hsu said...

Thank you for your kind wish, Linda. I feel the happiness of my birthday extended beyond. I am still in the process of understanding the differences between being twenty-nine and thirty years old. Advancing the digit took me ten years, so I think I should find out if it was worthwhile.